It's oatmeal, but not as you know it. Select Indian spices, fruit, nuts and seeds pack this oatmeal with flavor and goodness. The spices and mango are great for cold season: turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and mangoes are packed full of vitamin C. The overripe banana helps sweeten the oatmeal.
You Will Need:
- Two cups of Scottish oatmeal
- Five cups of water
- Half a cup of sliced almonds
- Quarter cup of mixed seeds (quinoa, amaranth, flax, chia etc. Trader Joe's has a great ancient seed mix)
- One cup of frozen mango pieces
- Quarter teaspoon of turmeric
- Quarter teaspoon of ground cardamom seed
- Quarter teaspoon of good salt
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Quarter teaspoon of fresh nutmeg
- A mashed overripe banana (must be very ripe!)
- Two tablespoons of honey
Welcome to Illustrated Foodie!